Beer v cider ???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer v cider ???

Apologies if this is a repeat, but I originally posted yesterday evening when the forum had identity problems and I think my original post has vanished ...

As I have discovered that chopping slugs in two can lead to a smaller half-sized slug running about your garden (and a gunky mess approx the size of the other half), I'm going for the drowning option. And I can see everyone's argument for salty water, but I think I expect them to fizz like alka seltzers and writhe in horrible agony so am using cheap lager and letting them drown themselves happy.

My question was whether anyone has ever tried cider for their slug traps? After all, generic cider comes in 2 litre bottles and is cheaper!

If no-one has tried it, I might just do a scientific trial ...

Caro
    Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Can i be a slug in your garden please??...I like beer and cider...I even like them in the same glass ..Snakebite...yummy

Comment

Uh oh. Now you've got me worried I'm running a slug b&b ... particularly as I tried oats a couple of weeks ago (apparently bran would have been better, but oats should work as a slug splatterer). So now I'm giving them a nightcap and oaty breakfast ???????
      Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Oat's and Bran... Beer and Cider....you'll have them queuing round the block to get into your garden,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X