Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's eating my toms?

Hi all,
    I hope someone can help here. I binned 2 ripe outdoor toms yesterday as they had a big hole in each where something had been sampling them. I thought it was because they were so heavy they had bent the plant stem and were leaning on the edge of the raised bed.
    Today I found something has taken a bite out of one of the GH toms which is around 1 metre off the ground. Any clues?
    I've attached a couple of pics. not great but should give you an idea of the types of nibbling going on.
    Attached Files

Probably slugs Incy. Great looking tomatoes.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Yup, slugs, or snails. I found a slug sat inside one of my tomatoes today, cheeky beggar It was a lovely big one and I'd been waiting for it to ripen fully for a few days, grrrrrr....

Comment

We've lost around six Roma toms through something eating them and yesterday we discovered the culprits; Cabbage White caterpillars!
        Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Looking at your photo's, i'd say slug's or snail's, have you got the tell tail silver snot mark's near by?

Comment

There's no tell tale slug/snail trails and they haven't eaten the lower ones. Weird!
            How did they get that far up the plant without leaving any signs?
            Thanks Alice, having lost all my toms to blight for the last 2 years it's good to finally have a greenhouse to grow some in.

Comment

Check for caterpillars

Comment

Originally posted by skegblade View Post
                We've lost around six Roma toms through something eating them and yesterday we discovered the culprits; Cabbage White caterpillars!
                Got it wrong. I did more research and they're Sipper caterpillars and we're still finding them

Phil
                Live each day as if it was your last because one day it will be

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X