organic type treatment for insects ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• organic type treatment for insects ?

can anyone please recommend an organic type treatment for controlling caterpillars and other leaf eating bugs
    thanks
    The longest journey always started with a single step

Derris Dust was made from plant material (but still could damage pollinators). Anyway its been withdrawn.

So, with caterpillars you are best to searching out eggs especially. Flea beetle - use sticky card trick ( they jump on). Most methods require search and destroy and/or encouraging predators. Organic pest control is big subject and a whole way of gardening and a long term project.

Comment

Squish em!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My organic allotment book recommends salt water for dealing with caterpillars - 60g salt to 5 litres warm water sprayed on.

I've never tried this - might be worth a go though ?

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          Squish em!
          Don't waste words Snadger!...I guess that sums up the methodology very succinctly.

Comment

thanks for the replies ill try them out see how we get on and yep snager ill even squish em
            The longest journey always started with a single step

Comment

I would love to know if anyone has any solution for slugs (apart from buying beer), I am growing most of my crops in hanging baskets this year as they haven't evolved enough to fly yet :0) My cherry tree & courgettes were being attacked by aphids & as I had nothing else to hand I gave them a light spray with Sunflower Oil, it seems to have killed them off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by daisybeegood View Post
                aphids... I gave them a light spray with Sunflower Oil, it seems to have killed them off!!!
                Squish them with your fingers.
                Won't the oil behave like a cooking oil in the sunshine, and cook your leaves?
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X