Black biting beetle

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black biting beetle

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of a tiny round black beetle that bites and produces a burning sensation. After a couple of days the itching begins and the skin reacts round it then a blister appears. I had one on the back of my leg for a month!
    One bit me on the back of my hand the other day when I was picking raspberries. I have heard of pollen beetles but don't know if they bite.

Never been bitten by a pollen beetle, but I do react badly to insect bites and stings, so I usually carry a tube of antihistamine cream with me. Applied promptly it does help.

Comment

Yep, Pollen Beetles can bite...pesky little critters!
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

That's what's bit me i bet i thought it was the prickly stalks on the cucumber plants when i go to give them a trim up my hands itch like mad and come out in blisters and there'e loads of them little black beetles on them

Comment

Thanks for the info peanut. Any idea how to eradicate them or at least reduce the population

Comment

No idea I'm sorry to say! There seems to be thousands of them this year, my Sweet Peas are full of them!
            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Bit of info here:

Garden pests - how to deal with pollen beetles on plants plants | Problem solving | How to | BBC Gardeners' World

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X