blasted rat!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE

.what do you do with a dead rat anyway?)
    [/QUOTE]

Rat on a stick? Rat curry? Rat & potato pie?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Personally speaking, this Rat wants to be cremated and have my ashes scattered on the summit of Buchaille Etive Mor in Glen Etive.
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
        Personally speaking, this Rat wants to be cremated and have my ashes scattered on the summit of Buchaille Etive Mor in Glen Etive.
        You could be in worse places Rat. Just did a quick google and it looks like a good place .
        There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          [QUOTE

.what do you do with a dead rat anyway?)
          Rat on a stick? Rat curry? Rat & potato pie? [/QUOTE]

Didn't Baldrick have a whole recipe book on rat delicacies?Blackadder liked the coffee if I remember rightly.
          Last edited by burnie; 20-11-2006, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post

I've said I want mine scattering on the top of The Ben - I'm going to be a pain in the arse to the end

Can I suggest you insist the cortage starts from the Tailrace inn in kinlochleven Over the devil staircase then up the buchaille - that should test the buggers
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

not forgetting rattaoille

Comment

Or a rat-ion of rat-tlesnake f-rat-tata served with a 'shot' of rat-afia??
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

On a less Dibbler/Baldrick note, it may be worth speaking to the allotment officer at the council. If we have a problem with rats they send someone in. I note that said someone has been in recently as the big black things marked poison are laid at various spots around our site. Your council may have a preferred method/poison and may also prefer to have control of who is putting pesticides etc down in these instances.
                  Bright Blessings
                  Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

that is good advice earthbabe - maybe i shall try them first, see what their reaction is before I go in guns-a-blazin.... I would prefer this as it is not a terribly well used allotment site (BIG understatement - there are three of us active), and therefore it would be good to have someone in charge of the traps etc who knows what they are doing...

Comment

try not to use poisons ,on my lottie we have a friendly game keeper who sets traps for us rats & moles & he takes the dead away for us so find a local game keeper in ur area,(most of the keepers i know love killing things)

Comment

Nick, having done that route several times - though in the opposite direction - I seem to be driven to go North - I can honestly say that you have a seriously twisted mind.
                        I did think about A'Mhaighdean - the most remote munro in Scotland - buit too far from any hostelries.
                        Rat

British by birth
                        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X