Lupin Aphids

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupin Aphids

Back from holiday and my beautiful lupins are decimated - nothing mother nature could do as every single stem was ruined and 'moving' - yeuch

They are the BIGGEST aphids I have ever seen - 4-5mm in length. Certainly gave me the heebie jeebies!!

I've had to cut them right down to the ground
    Last edited by RobintheBobin; 23-06-2009, 08:54 AM.
    RtB x

I hear you Robin - I thought I'd got magnifying specs on when I first encountered the blighters - they are HUGE!! And suffice to say, I haven't grown lupins since which is a shame, as they are really beautiful.

Comment

I had these huge blue-grey aphids on lupins in the past but - touch wood - haven't had them for the past 3 years. I don't know if they are partial to certain weather conditions or what. You really need to catch them early if you're going to squish or drown them off though. They are indeed massive!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I had an attack of them on the lupins a couple of years ago. They were huge and inches thick on the plants. So disgusting I couldn't go near them to do anything. By the time my husband went to deal with the problem there was nothing left - the lupins had been munched to nothing and the aphids had gone. I never had them again.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X