Wabbits!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wabbits!

After having some trouble with the pesky little *$###@'s, somebody advised getting hold of some poo from somebody who keeps ferrets! I have done this (ferret poo & wee wee mixed wiv sawdust, mmmm nice) BUT it seems to work.

However, what I want to know is, is there anything nasty in ferret poo like there is with dog doo (toxichoriasis(try saying that after a couple of vodkas!)).

Any ideas or advice, please, hm, pals, buddies, mates?

Zebedee
    "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

shoot em or ferret

Only effective control is Ferret the burrows or shot em if you were closer i would do free of charge and skinem and joint for you would be a pleasure

Comment

Where are you based NSBTL??- is it the Midlands??
      Agree though!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

As far as I know a ferret is in the same family as the badger and they suffer from dog diseases. Not sure whether that includes toxicana canis or not though.?
        I don't think carnivore poo is recommended for adding to soil as manure but a small amount scattered around the boundaries to keep rabbits away should be ok surely? I think its also used at the entrance to mole runs to keep this pest away as well!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by nots so bad lad View Post
          Only effective control is Ferret the burrows or shot em if you were closer i would do free of charge and skinem and joint for you would be a pleasure

Im With you all the way to the pot Love rabbit
          Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
          Dobby

Comment

Just seen 2 HUGH ones leaving my veggie patch and yes you guessed it the only unnetted bed is now empty. Sods. OH is on orders to borrow a gun but not sure how easy they arte to skin(never done one before but will gladly dive it a go.

Comment

I'm sorry Zebedee, but there is only one cure for rabbits. The sooner the matter is taken care of the better or you will have millions.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Oh gosh, I hope I don't get rabbits, my son would never forgive me if I had to kill them, or anything else furry for that matter.
                Bex

Comment

Not enough meat on a gerbil Bex!
                  Bright Blessings
                  Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Re carnivore poo or rather instead you could try sprinkling used cat litter around the boundaries. Ideally from an unneutered tom. This helped a little keep other cats out when we had a cat but she was an old neutered queen.
                    Worth a try?
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

Comment

Wabbits & Gerbils

Thanks to all for the advice. Have to admit, I never thought about the carnivore poo aspect!!! I will start looking for other alternatives. Tell you what though, Earthbabe, Gerbils are at least bite sized

Zebedee

Comment

Wabbits

Nicos, hi! I live on the Isle of Wight. If you look at a map of the country, we are the small, diamond shaped island at the bottom (in the middle, if you knowe what I mean!)

If ever you visit, take a look at the allotment plots, there are some real beautys about.

Have a good day

Zebedee

Comment

Whereabouts on the Island are you Zebedee? I've only ever visited as a lass although we have been talking about taking hols there now that Miss E is of camping age? Thought it was lovely when I was last there.
                          Bright Blessings
                          Earthbabe

Comment

Hi, Earthbabe. I live in Newport, which is virtually the centre of the Island. I actually live on the edge of town with countryside on three sides. We only have a small garden (hence the allotment!) but we are regularly visited by foxes, badgers, all manner of birds. We even have buzzards over the allotment! The Island is a lovely place, come and visit.

Zebedee

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Hello Annie Trip.
                              MMM rabbit is very yummy and luckily not too difficult to skin and not half as messy as feathered creatures If you ever do it, (my dad taught me) I've not done it for a while but if my memory serves me?! There is a bright red bit on top of the liver when you gut it. Be very careful with it and try not to break it as I believe it is poisonous. /COLOR]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X