Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's something evil lurking...............

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's something evil lurking...............

There is something evil in my Lettuce rows and it's chomping them off at the base.What could it be????
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Bet you anything it's a slug or a snail!
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Doubt it.I nuked 'em!!!!!
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

They hide in the soil you know. Some are underground beasties and just come out to eat your lettuces. (And mine!)
        Failing that - it's a pigeon.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Could be PPPPPPesky Pigeons.Enough of em!!!

Comment

Probably cutworm which I believe is the larvae of Crane flies. They are laid as eggs next to the plant and gnaw inside. I lost most of a row of lettuce to them this spring and these were shop bought plantlets which I think were infested when I bought them. Saved one or two by digging them up and finding the grub and squishing it before re-planting.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall View Post
              Probably cutworm which I believe is the larvae of Crane flies.
              No, cutworms are moth larvae.
              Leatherjackets are cranefly larvae

It probably is them though
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X