Blumin' pigeons!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blumin' pigeons!

Now that the weather is getting better and I'm putting stuff out on the patio to harden off during the day the local gang of pigeons are hanging round like a bunch of "yoofs" with nothing to do on a Friday night. I think the police call it "loitering with intent".
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

You need some netting.........
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
      You need some netting.........
      12 gauge is better, less to eat though but high in iron

Comment

Originally posted by TEB View Post
        12 gauge is better, less to eat though but high in iron
        Believe me, if I didn't think the neighbours would object I'd blast the lot of them
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Better eating if you manage to get them without using the shotgun. Lead pellets break teeth........
          Most residential areas are just not safe to use a gun, but there are other ways......

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            Most residential areas are just not safe to use a gun, but there are other ways......
            So I guess setting up a minefield or some claymores is probably a no-no too?

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
              So I guess setting up a minefield or some claymores is probably a no-no too?
              Probably, some councils get really picky about that
              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Does anyone know if there are planning regulations regarding the deployment of battlefield nuclear weapons or depleted uranium rounds?

Comment

Ever thought of getting a cat?
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Hi I'm also constantly doing battle with the pigeons round here. We do have quite a few cats in the neighbourhood but the pigeons don't seem to be bothered by them. They sit on my fence and eye up my peas and beans. I just know they're waiting for me to go back inside! I woudn't mind but they're so fat and greedy and take the bird food off the smaller birds.
                    AKA Angie

Comment

My cat just sits and looks at them!

Comment

Originally posted by selfraising View Post
                        Hi I'm also constantly doing battle with the pigeons round here. We do have quite a few cats in the neighbourhood but the pigeons don't seem to be bothered by them. They sit on my fence and eye up my peas and beans. I just know they're waiting for me to go back inside! I woudn't mind but they're so fat and greedy and take the bird food off the smaller birds.
                        Exactly! I have a pair of robins, some tits, finches and spuggys and they don't bother me at all, it's just those big fat bullying pigeons.

Comment

If you find a solution let me know. We have a flat roof which they do their 'courting' on, for want of a better word. The conifers they roost in are next to us too. No peace at all! Out here I could shoot them, no problem (and the bleep bleep Wabbits too), but I don't have a gun or a licence.
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 20-04-2009, 10:11 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

It's easy to get a gun Glutton. Just think of all that rabbit and pigeon pie. Mmmmm! Licking lips.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                              If you find a solution let me know. We have a flat roof which they do their 'courting' on, for want of a better word. The conifers they roost in are next to us too. No peace at all! Out here I could shoot them, no problem (and the bleep bleep Wabbits too), but I don't have a gun or a licence.
                              There must be someone who could come and decimate them for you! Try an ad in a newsagent's window, something like "wanted, person with shotgun, to solve pigeon problem"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X