slugs new idea

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slugs new idea

Too late this year, having had bother with slugs attacking potatos for years and tried most things I wondered if you cut off the bottom of a pop bottle and put a few slug pellets in them and laid them down in the row before covering would the little fellows be drawn to them. anyone tried it ?
    I thought it would keep the pellets dry

Try filling a net bag with gravel, Goldwolf. Bury it for a day or two then dig up and it will be full of slugs, rinse them off, rebury the bag in another part of the bed and repeat the process. You can have more than one bag on the go at a time. It's tedious, and you need to do it all season, but it does work and best of all you don't need chemicals. Those bags that oranges come in work well. This method is especially good for getting rid of those small, under-the-soil slugs which attack root crops. I discovered this by accident... far too embarrassed to admit how, but it was nothing to do with hiding the loot from a diamond heist... honest.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
      . far too embarrassed to admit how, but it was nothing to do with hiding the loot from a diamond heist... honest.
      Oh spoil sport

Comment

You want to try digging in some seaweed, it`s great fertilizer & the salt pi$$es off the slugs...!!!

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste `n` Mags View Post
          You want to try digging in some seaweed, it`s great fertilizer & the salt pi$$es off the slugs...!!!

Where do I get seaweed from living 80 miles inland?
          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
          Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X