Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slug Fence

Slug Fences

Just came across this website, thought it might be useful to those with slug problems (which I think it is safe to assume is all of us!).

wow, thats a brill idea, so simple aswell

Comment

where do you get the door mesh from?

Comment

I would assume B&Q/Homebase or any DIY center would have it.

Comment

I will be in B&Q tommorrow so will have a look.
          Serene she stand amid the flowers,
          And only count lifes sunny hours,
          For her dull days do not exist,
          Evermore the optimist

Comment

The last few years I've kept the slugs & snails out of my plants by simply dissolving a piece of hand soap bar into water and spray it over the plants...
            Now I had built a "fence" around my seedlings (I have beetroot and brussel sprouts), by cutting a water plastic pipe in half and filling it with powder soap, ariel or any other one will be OK, but I've bought a very cheap brand.
            Up to now (about a week) no signs of the snails & slugs and my seedlings are growing fantastic.
            Of course after a rain you will need to spray the plants again...
            I hope it helps...

Comment

Does the plants react in any way to the soap ?
              I would be worried of the powder soap going into the soil.... it's quite "chemical" isn't it ?

Comment

Another thought : do you think it could work by surrounding the whole bed instead of one by one ?

I mean is not that i am lazy but...

With small bed it could do the job, also I 'm understanding that the spikey border really is what the slug can't pass ( must be painful imagine walking bare foot on nails!!)

Am I right ?

Comment

About the soap...
                  all my plants are very healthy, none of them have had problems so I do not think the soap is so agressive...in fact they grow very nicely because they do not need to fight against the slugs & snails...

And yes, at least the fence I did built with the powder soap it is all around the plants, so it is only one fence.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X