What is it.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it.....

Hi, I have got something that looks like long grass growing in my front garden, but when i dig it up it has a small white bulb on the end and stinks of onions. Does any-one know what it is??? and how to get rid of it... i dug it all up in October (or thought i did) and it's come back like mad. I would put a picture on but i can't find my cable sorry

Sounds like an ornamental allium. It could have lovely flowers (so you might grow to love it and let it live!)
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Chives?????

Comment

Wild garlic is my guess, nice white flowers, and edible but not easy to get rid of totally.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          Sounds like an ornamental allium. It could have lovely flowers (so you might grow to love it and let it live!)
          I agree......some of the ornamental alliums have really nice flowers!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll leave a clump and see what happens and if I like it, it will be allowed to live.

Comment

Wild garlic has strap-like leaves, not so grassy. Some of my alliums have purple flowers but one clump has yellow ones. I love 'em!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X