Help - disease on my grapevine

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - disease on my grapevine

Can anyone diagnose what's going on with my grapevine? The first leaves have all shrivelled up and have brown patches. The newer, larger leaves are developing the same thing. It's a very old vine, over 50 years old, the roots and most of the plant are outside covering a pergola. One of the branches is trained inside in a lean-to. This only happens inside and I only get grapes maybe every other year, the rest of the time the flowers shrivel and die before they form properly. I can't see any sign of pests. Outside I have blistermite but not this problem. I get grapes every year. Can anyone help diagnose? Pictures attached.

I don't grow Grapes, but that looks a lot like cold wind damage, could it be just the weather we are having?

Comment

Looks a bit like mildew to me, but I'm no expert on growing grape vines.

Comment

Have those leaves been on the plant all winter & the last photo shows the immature grape bunch,when did that appear? I’m surprised there’s all that there already,unless the growths from last year?

Comment

My guess:

Because the shed is warm, leaves were encouraged to sprout early on. Then when the weather turned cold, they were nipped by chill, especially if up against the plastic.

Doesn't look to be a disease as newer leaves look extremely healthy.

You probably lose grapes every now and then for the same reason. Encouraged to start early on by warmth and then caught out by cold.

Do the outside branches put out new leaves about the same time as the inside one, or a bit later?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X