Brown caterpillars in tunnel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown caterpillars in tunnel

We planted 20 spring green plants in the tunnel. Brought them home and left in a jug of water overnight - planted out the next day - had a look the next morning - they had completely disappeared! Just could it believe it - went back to the small nursery where they had been purchased - he thought they had been burnt with the heat - but we had left the door open so was not very warm in there. Found the culprits when we bought 20 more plants - the whole place where they had been planted was covered with brown furry caterpillars merrily munching their way once again through our greens. Google said to pick them off with rubber gloves and drop in soapy water - must have found about 50 - sprayed the ground and hopefully we might have cracked it but I do check about 5 times a day and the rogue ones get beaten with a stick.

I had a load of moth caterpillars in my greenhouse, difficult when you garden organically to keep on top of them at times.

Comment

My conservatory sweet potato plants have been plagued by plume moth caterpillars this year. They feed on bind weed normally, but sweet potatoes are closely related, so they'll happily eat the leaves of those, too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X