Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown patches on tomato leaves. Identification help, please.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown patches on tomato leaves. Identification help, please.

Hi there,

I have just noticed a couple of leaves on a tomato plant have brown patches near the edges. The leaves are near the top of the plant, a few down from the top. I have attached some photos for you to have a look.

Any identification of this and advice about it would be most welcome. I am only in my second year of growing so am not experienced enough to identify myself and there is just too much information out there for it to be simple!

Thanks and happy growing everyone

Looks like sun scorch in which case nothing to worry about. The plants usually acclimatise as the season progresses.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Ah thanks, that's a relief. I thought it might be something like that due to the hot weather but just wanted to check with more experienced gardeners.

Hopefully my green tomatoes on the vine can get to ripening now the weather has cooled down too.

Thanks for your reply

Comment

Could well be sun scald but it also might be a slight vitamin deficiency - no big deal if it is, a spray with something like diluted seaweed feed would be my next step if they were mine.

Comment

Thanks nickdub, I will do exactly that when I go out there later.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by colonel View Post
            Thanks nickdub, I will do exactly that when I go out there later.

Thanks for the advice
            You're very welcome - no harm in trying it and the plants often respond to a bit of an extra kick of fertiliser at this time of year when they are trying to grow new roots, tops and fruit all at a time, and when we also have long hours of daylight. Later in the year, when they have built up extensive root systems foliar feeding is of little benefit in my experience.

Happy gardening, Nick :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X