What is this ??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this ??

I have brought my Brugmansias into my conservatory to protect from the winter ahead. It dropped some buds ( I think it was shock )but seemed to be growing ok.
    Over the last week or so I noticed the leaves discolouring and also have tiny holes so I think something is eating them. One of the leaves seem to be squashed together and when I gently pulled it apart and there seems to be some sort of webb in the middle. I have taken some photos.
    I checked the top of the soil and seems ok but if i move any of the soil with my finger I can just about see tiny tiny things moving about. My friend said there soil fleas ?

Im not sure what I can do so any advice would be great

Shaz
    Attached Files

I think it's red spider mite. They are so tiny they are hard to see, but you see the webs when there are loads of them, and they thrive in hot dry conditions like a greenhouse.

Try Royal Horticultural Society - Gardening Advice: Glasshouse Red Spider Mite for more advice
    Nell

Comment

Hi Shaz
      Yep, Nellie is right - Spider Mite, either red or white. Very common on Brugmansias.
      See the attached link Brugmansia Spidermites

Here is a pic in close up of the little blighters Thank goodness they are VERY small!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...1&d=1224940993
      Attached Files
      http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by digthatchick View Post
        Here is a pic in close up of the little blighters Thank goodness they are VERY small!
        Only his mother could love him/her!
        Nell

Comment

Thanks for the links
          I will have to see what of if theres any treatment I can use on this plant.

shaz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X