Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fly paper

Hi,

Has anyone tried making their own fly paper and was it successful? Not exactly gardening I know, but we keep getting house fly's in our loft and OH has come up with the idea of making sticky fly paper to catch them, rather than fly spray. I found a couple of 'recipes' online, but just wondered if anyone had tried and if it worked?

Thanks

I saw a "recipe" online ages ago and was trying to find it again but couldn't! When you find it, please will you pass it on?
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Here is the link to the recipe I was going to try: Flypaper - Make your own homemade Flypaper

Comment

I considered putting some honey on paper when we were in Tuscany. Blummin flies was driving us mad they was!
        A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Strips of strong brown paper smeared with black treacle. If you can hang them horizontally you won't get your hair caught up in them!!

Comment

Originally posted by batpixie View Post
            Here is the link to the recipe I was going to try: Flypaper - Make your own homemade Flypaper
            Tried that one, it didn't work, just left a sticky mess. The one I saw originally mentioned puting the mixture (don't know what) onto strips of yellow paper as the insects will be attracted to the colour
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X