cockchaffer grubs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cockchaffer grubs

Hello. I am a new allotment owner, have just started with a new site which is just a grassy field at the moment, I have two problems I would like some advise about from all of you experienced allotment owners. There are lots of cockchaffer grubs in the soil, not sure how to get rid of them and how much damage they will do to my plants when I eventually get some in. Also what is the best way to clear couch grass from the sight? It is absolutely covered with it, Nice to join you all, (this is my first post) I am looking forward to getting up and running and growing all my own produce.

couch grass

hello and welcome.
    Have a go with your Search button ... 100s of answers to your question on here. This might start you off: Grow Your Own - Growing, How To Grow Tomatoes Growing Fruit & Vegetables Advice, Organic food Gardening, Chickens, Seeds for Sale
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

chafer grubs

Chafer grubs eat grass roots. They're more of a problem in lawns than on allotments, because you won't be digging your lawn, whereas you will be digging over your allotment. Put them on a birdtable...I have a tame blackbird who takes them from my hand.

Royal Horticultural Society - Gardening Advice: Chafer Grubs in Lawns

If they're in your lawn, the easiest thing is to water a patch of lawn, cover overnight with black plastic. In the morning take off the plastic and the grubs will be on the surface. Feed them to the birds.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X