tomato plants with yellowing leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomato plants with yellowing leaves

I have noticed that my outdoor tomatoes all seem to be coming down with the same symptoms.
    The leaves are starting to curl up and turn yellow. The flowers are still there and are producing the start of the fruit. These seem to be unaffected
    The plants are outside and are open to the elements, and I was wondering if the wind and changeable temperature could produce these symptoms.
    Any thoughts?

Dancing Homer, it sounds like Magnesium Deficiency (very common). Spray them with Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate). You can buy it in any chemist or garden centre. Dissolve 3 teaspoons in a pint of water and spray the plants. Continue daily for a week but if magnesium deficiency is the problem you will see improvement from day 1.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
      Dancing Homer, it sounds like Magnesium Deficiency (very common). Spray them with Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate). You can buy it in any chemist or garden centre. Dissolve 3 teaspoons in a pint of water and spray the plants. Continue daily for a week but if magnesium deficiency is the problem you will see improvement from day 1.
      Yes it could be.
      It could also be the c*** weather we are having!
      The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
        cheers Alice.
        Will go to the chemists to get some tomorrow
        My Gran used to have the stuff in the kitchen. I was always to afraid to ask what is was for.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X