Powdery Mildew: courgettes, squash, cucumber, pumpkins

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How very lovely Ollie, and clever
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Took me a while to work out what PM was... I thought it was private message for a while

I think I may have it on an Aubergine- are they able to get it?

Comment

[QUOTE=chrismarks;684952]Took me a while to work out what PM was... I thought it was private message for a while.

I though it was Private Messaging? seems Im novice @ forum chat as well as gardening. :-)

Comment

I take it back!

[QUOTE=Westforester;684996]
          Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
          Took me a while to work out what PM was... I thought it was private message for a while.

I though it was Private Messaging? seems Im novice @ forum chat as well as gardening. :-)

PM - Powdery Mildew!! Doh......... Ive got it. :-)

Comment

bumped for Nick Blair

Comment

Good old thread here which I think is worth adding to as we're moving into Powdery Mildew season.

I've also read in a number of places that bicarbonate of soda added to a leaf spray including some eco friendly washing up liquid will be an effective anti-fungal. Anyone tried the bicarb of soda?

Comment

potassium carb is supposed to be better.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                  potassium carb is supposed to be better.
                  I agree from what I've read that Potassium Bicarbonate might be more effective than Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda. But the benefits are marginal because the main effect is thought to come from the Bicarbonate part, not the Sodium/Potassium.

And I don't think Potassium Bicarbonate is easily or cheaply available, whereas you can get a 200g pot of baking soda for less than a pound with your groceries.

Have you got any practical suggestions for where to get Potassium Bicarbonate?

Comment

I think the most important thing is to keep the roots moist enough...

Comment

Well, PM has hit my verbena bonariensis seedlings in the GH, and is just appearing on the courgette leaves, which I’m cutting off. CBA with sprays when the plants are nearly done anyway

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X