caterpillars eating-carrots,toms,peppers and watercress

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caterpillars eating-carrots,toms,peppers and watercress

i have these in my greenhouse. i went away for 3 days and came back to find the tops of my carrots reduced to skelletons.all that is left is what looks like dirt but i can only assume is caterpillar poo. i noticed that the bottom leaves of my toms look the same and have just removed about 30 tiny green caterpillars from them. i also have the same things on my peppers and watercress. i had problems with cabbage whites last year but this cant be them surely? not the variety of things they are eating?

Hi Lenoa, there is such a thing as a tomato moth caterpillar which could be what's eating your tom. leaves & who's to say they wouldn't go for the other plants as well, I know some pests are supposed to be plant specific but I think most of them if they are locked in a nice warm greenhouse would eat whatever is on offer! If you can't pick them all off you could try spraying with liquid Derris which is used by some organic growers but does kill beneficial insects too.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

if i shake the plant they seem to drop of the leaves on a thread if they are really small so il just have to keep checking. i dont know that ive got anything benificial in the greenhouse save my carnivorus plants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X