strawberry pest!!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strawberry pest!!!!!!

good day to you all , i have not long been gardening and have been collecting tips from all the pages on this fantastic web site but, i have woodlice eating my strawberrys and would like to stop them can anyone help, i live in devon but dont think thats the problem

Depends if you are gardening organically or not.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

no i am more than happy to nuke em as long as we can still eat them

Comment

River Cottage :: View topic - How to stop woodlice eating my strawberries and pepper?

Comment

don't know if its due to the wet weather but ours seem to be going from "not ready" to mushy in a day!?any ideas?
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Woodlice were a real problem last year as well (wet last year too). this year they've had a go at my Broadies, so I expect they'll move onto Strawbs next for dessert.
            Scrunch up damp newspaper and put it in empty garden pots tipped on their side. The slaters/woodlice make their home inside the pot so it easy to just remove the paper and the slaters. They live on decaying matter so keep the area clean and free of dead leaves. (copied out from Supergrass's excellent link)
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X