ssshhh...don't tell my neighbour!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssshhh...don't tell my neighbour!

My new neighbours are very allergic to mossies...I have several water butts hiding behind their outside office which are full and are breeding grounds....I haven't admitted to being the cause of their outbreaks.

I caught the neighbours in the garden yesterday shouting to each other "get the Piriton" "get some for me too", they come up in great welts!!!

I don't want to put in oil (grosses me out getting oily every time I fill the watering can), or goldfish (as the butts dry out in summer) and as I'm quite hard up for money I'd rather not buy products - so any other options?

Actually I do find it quite amusing as they never bite me (high alcohol content!), but for the sake of good neighbourliness....!

dont tell them ha ha ! sorry but lordy what is it coming to when you cant keep water cause of the neighbours ha ha!!

my new neighbours are wierd, we are the new one on the block and they have ivy over the fence and their garden is a general mess, whereas i have spruced mine up etc, but when they are trimming any bushes that just jut over their fence a bit from my garden, they actually throw back what they have cut!!!!!!!!!!! into my caulis!!!!!

i have cut back their stuff and my stuff, but i put it in my own bin!!

How sad are they ha ha ! sorry its funny what we do in order to keep the neighbours happy! i bet they wouldnt get rid of their cat if it kept crapping in your veg patch!

SS

Comment

Check out the thread "Smelly Butt" on the flower mill
      TGR

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one with weird neighbours!! The new neighbours are a total menace - the gardens (front and back) are an absolute disgrace - 99% weeds which are seeding everywhere. When my wife dared to trim off part of a shrub that was overhanging our front boundary and getting in the way, the woman next door went absolutely ballistic - shouting and slamming doors!!!

Perhaps we should be able to hold interviews for new neighbours and reject those that we don't like. Perhaps "The Apprentice Gardener" - you're zapped!!
        Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

I think we should all try to be the best neighbour we can be. We create the world we live in - and are created by that world. Circular argument I know - but true. Treat your neighbour as you would wish to be treated.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Sorry Alice, didn't intend to sound mean, they are really nice and good neighbours - hence the getting rid of the mossies....but they are very odd....only come out at night (vampires?) and doing the gardening holding hands, yes, at night!

Maybe it's our road as we have some real out and out crazies down here - I do admit to being in this group!

Maybe there's something other than just the mossies in the water round here?

Comment

Alice - I totally agree with you and I hope I haven't given the impression that we have been bad neighbours. We have done everything we can to make our new neighbours welcome including giving them fresh veg from the allotment. But sadly it has all been it a bit one-sided thus far!! Maybe they should read your post!
              Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Hi folks, my post wasn't aimed at anybody, just a general statement of how I see things.
                Sometimes even if neighbours are a bit odd - as we see them (Dear knows how they see us) we have to remind ourselves they still have to be treated with consideration and respect. Two wrongs don't make a right.
                We should all strive to live in peace.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Dear Alice, I wish you lived next to me!

Comment

Originally posted by squashysu View Post
                    but when they are trimming any bushes that just jut over their fence a bit from my garden, they actually throw back what they have cut!!!!!!!!!!! into my caulis!!!!!

i have cut back their stuff and my stuff, but i put it in my own bin!!
                    SS
                    Strangely enough your neighbours (wierd as they are) are in the right on this one if they're cutting parts of your bushes which jut over to their side of the fence - except for the damage to your caulis. The law is that you can trim your neighbours plants when they encroach on your land providing that you return the trimmings to them...God, do I sound like a sad bugger or what?!

We have a neighbour who races outside whenever I go to put out the washing just in case she's missing something! Silly mare... But then again, at least she doesn't speak to us, so thats something in her favour.

Comment

i have good neighbours, mums bro on one side and mums old school pal on the other, mums bro let me drill concrete fence posts for the raspberry wires and mums school pal we often have coffee and they gave me some plant food i couldnt get hold of so im lucky, old house had i a not so nice neighbour.

Comment

Could we set up our own enclave with only "nice" people admitted??

Comment

neighbours on the left is the most scruffyest woman i have ever met the ones on the right dont even speak to us.we have only been living next to them for 7 years.im still waiting for my first christmas card lol.
                          i went to the plot with my smallest boy(3) and my plot neighbour was on his plot wit his wife and kids they couldnt pack up quick enough he even left his strimming half done. i can't stand people like that he wouldnt even have a brew with us last week when i offered(we only had mugs not bone china!!)

i even offered to strim his plot with my petrol strimmer and save the battery on his re-chargable one

by the way we had our first ever crop of peas tonight they were ace
                          PRESTON NORTH END
                          xbox gamertag billybobs
                          add me to your friends list if you got what it takes

Comment

Obviously the wrong brand of tea dinky_doo!!

Comment

Our neighbour smokes about a hundred cigerettes a day and stands right by our fence and blows it over ours! - It gets all in the house and I'm asthmatic!
                              I get my revenge thou - all the snails go over the fence! (she's not a gardener)
                              Tori

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X