My own cat is my pest...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own cat is my pest...

I'm sure the question about cats has been asked before but I can't find it and I have a slightly odd problem.

We have a raised vegetable bed just outside our backdoor. It's a small garden and the neighbours have cats. Last year 'silent roar' worked to keep them out. However this year we have our own cat (inherited from a friend who moved abroad). She thinks the raised bed is a giant litter tray and we can't seem to stop her.

We throw water at her if we catch her. I cover every inch of bare soil with anything from fleece to spare plant pots. But she is still at it. She managed to get inbetween my leeks this weekend (canes are now down like a game of Kerplunk!).

Hubby now wants to box the whole thing (raised bed - not cat) in a giant cat proof cage.

Any ideas - other than killing the cat?!
    Thanks

PS - on the positive side it has stopped the neighbouring cats at least!

what about something like this
    Motion-activated Garden Pest Repeller with water-jet action! - Yorkshire Evening Post Offers
    we're looking at one for our pond as a local moggie had a fish supper on us the other day
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Welcome to the Vine Bunnykins. Have you shown the cat where you would like her to go - she does have to go somewhere !
      Make an outside litter area for her and make sure she is aware of it. Cover the deep bed so that she can't go there.
      If she doesn't get the message it might be a choice between the deep bed and the cat.
      At least the choice is yours and not some neighbours cat that you can do little about.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

do a Search on cats, there are thousands of posts. Here's one to get you started: http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...sing_9091.html Something on it might work for you.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X