Norty weedy things!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norty weedy things!

Does anyone know what weed/plant this is please? Photos attached.

The seed looks a bit like a black honeydew melon seed, or a long black cucumber seed.

They are a complete pain, I can clear a bed of them in the morning, handfulls of the things, and by the evening, the bed is full again.....grrrrrr

Any info would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

MrsB x
    Attached Files

Aah - we have those and they are driving me crazy. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you get an answer.

Comment

look like oak seedlings as we have a big tree in field behind us and we get loads of them propellor seedlings.
      joanne geldard

Comment

I think they're tree seedlings. We have a number of trees around our allotments and we get those springing up. Fortunatley they are susceptible to the hoe!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Oh! We have these as well! I've just been pulling them gently out and putting them in my green waste bin....

Comment

Looks like sycamore seedlings to me - definitely some sort of tree seedlings anyway. Hoe them or pull them up, you'll get rid of them eventually. My kids used to bring home sycamore "helicopters" (seeds) and plant them in my garden - little angels.

Comment

I'd say Sycamore too- just pulled up over 2,000 seedlings from our drive...just need to see the next pair of leaves....you MUST have an adult tree nearby????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I know for sure that they are not sycamores, these were definitely smaller, but still 'helicopter' stylie flyers.

My beds that were covered over winter have not been affected so bad as the others.

The tree theory is certainly a consideration, although I doubt it to be oak as there are none amongst us.

Thank you for all of your replies.

MrsB x

Comment

Hi
                  Thanks for the info everyone; They're not oak or sycamore; wrong shape seeds and second leaves; but they grow ridiculously fast and I'm going to try and compare with the trees around us. If I find a match I'll post it on here.

Comment

Stick one in a pot! See what it turns into. Science!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'd say Ash too - we have a couple of trees nearby and the seeds get everywhere!
                      Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Second leaves

As I have been ruthlessly efficient in getting all these weedy things out, I had to go on a bit of a hunt.

Unfortunately, on closer inspection, they have also taken over my front lawn.

Pictures attached of small second leaves, hope this helps!

MrsB x
                        Attached Files

Comment

We get these all the time, they grow almost anywhere, on the lawn, in the tubs/pots, in the slate chippings, even had one growing out of one of the sleepers.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X