Maggots on fuschia??what pest is it??

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggots on fuschia??what pest is it??

On my fuschia last night i saw 20-30 of what look like black maggots. They were eating and KILLING the new shoots that have buds on. the tip of the new shoots have gone black. They are about 4mm long and quite fat, i supose like the size of a well fed tick. I have cut off the shoots with the affending bugs, and baged them to compare to books but have looked in pest books and carnt find them can anyone HELP PLEASE

Can you take a photo yorkie?

Comment

Black maggots on fuchsias

I grow loads of fuchsias, but from your description, nothing I have ever encountered.

I suggest you look on www.rhs.org.uk (or something like that) and go to their pests section.

valmarg

Comment

pictures of maggots??

After alot of persiveriance i can now attach some photoes of the affending bugs for you bugeyes. 2 of them have now formed cryalists and they are now in a plastic box and i am waiting to see what hatches.
        I have been on the RHS web site but still carnt find them thanks anyway valmarg.
        Hope the pics help you guys solve my mystery
        Some how they have now re-appered on my fuschia there dosnt seem to be any eggs or bugs on the plant apart from these maggot type things.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by yorkie2; 28-06-2006, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Oh yuck! If the larvae have six legs at the front they are likely to be beetle larvae but apart from that I can't really help. It'll be very intersting to see what emerges from the pupae. Keep us posted Yorkie!

Comment

Congrats on posting the pics Yorkie, but I've never seen creepies like these. Now that we have the pics someone else will know.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X