No announcement yet.

Are slugs about yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found a few little baby slugs and then poured salt over them! a few little snails as well,bought some spray called sas slugs and snail killer,tried it out and the snail trail went all the way around the area where i sprayed so i live in hope,gunna try beer traps this year as well,and the nightly hunt for slugs and snails with the torch lol,also use lemon and garlic to deter cats fouling as i have a cat my self and would not dream of using anything posionous,the lemon and garlic work a treat x
    joanne geldard

Comment

the slugs are definately out and about in the west mids! tried beer traps for first time and very successful so far,although cleaning them out before they turn to mush/slime is a job i don't enjoy.have tried picking them out so far,to try and save on beer costs but have quickly reached the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle and now the beer just gets chucked and refilled.
      struck lucky at weekend when i found an old bag of compost and decided to add it to a couple of hanging baskets that i'd just planted out.after depositing the first very wet and smelly handful,i noticed that there were loads of what i assume were eggs(little round transparent balls) and i quickly found mommy slug shortly afterwards.i would have been gutted if i had transplanted them into the tomato baskets.spotters badge for me!
      Spiderpig

Comment

quite a few in Cambs but the nemaslug works well so I have had minimal damage so far. I left the ones in my compost alone but if they migrate over to my plot I shall be after them too!

Comment

Our broad beans got badly eaten several weeks ago and were the only veg in the ground apart from garlic. The forced rhubarb got nibbled too so I blitzed with Nemaslug to see how it is. Everything's all fine and growing now and the broad beans have recovered :-) I also use the organic slug pellets (the one with the blue lid) and they've stayed on the surface meaning there aren't any slugs to eat them.

Comment

I went out this morning and remember my technique other than secateurs, which is to use my small trowel to chop 'em in half. Got 6 more this morning that way. Still baby ones, but one bigger. I leave the ones in my compost too, as they do a good job in there but if they venture out....... they get the chop. Litereally

Comment

Getting loads of snails having a field day with my broad beans.

Q: Do they drown? I've been slinging them in the neighbour's pond (no fish in it).

Comment

My first dose of Nemaslug has just arrived - Slugs watch out - Becki the Slug Slayer is about!!

Comment

WHERE'S *MY* NEMASLUG??? I ordered it last week and it hasn't arrived yet, boo hoo hoo! I go away tomorrow, for 5 days and I've pretty much already planned the funeral for my little plants. My basil was eaten yesterday and I forgot to slug-hunt this morning. How could I forget that?!?!?

To my knowledge, snails can survive a little while under water. That, or they're very careless in the water troughs in my field!

Comment

I have plenty of slugs on my allotment. I even found one on my container of organic slug pellets which I had left out. The irony was heartbreaking.

Comment

Are slugs about?
                      Does it rain in Britain?
                      Do pigeons fly?
                      Does Wayne post jokes?

Lots of slugs here:
                      big black ones
                      middle black
                      little black
                      Big brown ones
                      middle brown
                      small brown.
                      Lots of snails as well...

Ditto mice.. Mouse trap score now 25 and counting...

Cows into fields next door. So more slugs...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X