small black fly

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small black fly

In the last month we have been getting loads of small black fly things in the house. I can't really work out how they get in, maybe the vents in the windows, even though they are closed. They go on the window mainly, but are not attracted to the UV zapper thing I bought to get rid of them. I don't have a digital camera to give a pic, but the are small but long - anyone any idea? I did leave stuff in the greenhouse and a couple of cauliflowers that hadn't really grown in the ground over the winter (I know, I know) but they were cleared last month and that hasn't helped. The flies are not very fast and are quite easy to kill on the window, but they are really annoying me.

I don't think they were in the house last year (our first year in this house) although I can't be sure as we changed our kitchen to its current place right beside the back garden - I didn't previously spend much time in this room until we made it into the kitchen

Any advice welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by TracyP; 23-04-2008, 05:37 PM.

Hello TracyP, another grape had this problem last year and if you try the search box you might find it. I can't remember what the outcome was. It could be drainfly - coming from a drain - and they can be pest - and they bight !

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thanks Alice. I coudn't find anything though

I am bumping this in the hope that someone might know - heeelp!

Comment

You sometimes get them coming from compost. Have you got plants in the house? I get them sometimes but I don't have a solution - except clapping your hands when you see one - not a round of applause either!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

This is the thread I was thinking about. It might help.
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lies_3590.html

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Alice
            Many many thanks! Will try all the remedies. I know it's a bit silly but they are getting me down!
            Thanks again
            Tracy

Comment

I tried the wine vinegar last year. Either they all avoided it or I only checked when they'd all got out to go for a wee!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X