No announcement yet.

Roe Deer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL - We have two of them, my friend next door and his mate. I go with them to shoot clays sometimes - even went and had a go at black powder and all that. I got board after about half an hour - but they won't leave 'till all the ammo is gone. I think it's all a bit unhealthy! And if you start talking about deer, well you just have to be prepared to have your eyes glaze over!

Fish

Comment

A wild animal on your ground is yours to shoot if you wish according to law (that's why the Sheriff of Nottingham didn't like Robin Hood ) but you do need to obey the laws regarding shooting season and firearms safety. The basic rule is, don't shoot without a backdrop - if there is not a solid surface behind the target for a stray bullet to be stopped by, then it might go miles and the Law will show no mercy... Shooting without a backdrop is just absolutely asking for trouble, even, or perhaps especially, with a flat trajectory .22 bullet.That's my knowledge of the law as passed to me by gamekeepers, and from my own experience of shooting. But (according to foresters I know) the urine thing does work really well, particularly if you know exactly what entry point they use at your boundary. The other non-violent means of deterring them is to get hair clippings and hang them up in bags made of old tights - they need to be renewed every so often, but again the scent of man puts them off. (Or maybe they just don't like tights ! )
      There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X