Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this weed?

hello

Only my second post on GYO but I really hope everyone can help? I have this weed in my garden - it pops up everywhere, has long pointy thick roots and the furry leaves and stem really irriate my hands. I can't identify it from all the websites I have been to and I don't have a great book on weeds so help!

I've attached it as I don't know how to insert directly into my post - sorry.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    RtB x

That's alkanet. I used to have a lot of it in my last place and came to tolerate a few as they're pretty and the bees like the flowers, but pull out the rest - using gloves!

Comment

FoxHillGardener - thanks for the answer. Just looked it up and BINGO it is definitely Alkanet and some is definitely coming out although nice to know the bees like it so some will stay.

Thanks
      RtB
      RtB x

Comment

I love it - I planted it at my last garden. You find big patches of it in the countryside round here.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

One person's weed and all that...

..which brings me to grape hyacinth - discuss

Comment

Alkanet! I was told it was a form of Borage - flippin' stuff is a menace!

Even with long sleeves and gloves I end up with welts and bleeding......
            The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

A weed is only a plant in the wrong place jacob
              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X