Bugs Bunny's Teeth

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs Bunny's Teeth

I've read all the threads on rabbits and how to keep them out, but am a keen recycler. The people who owned my new house left me a roll of green plastic chicken wire type stuff (but plastic, if you get me). I'd really like to use it to save my veg patch from the rabbits, but I'm worried they'll nibble through it ? What do you bunny experts suggest? Industrial strength chicken wire? Or will the (thick) plastic do the job?

No chance!!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Actually- go for 4 ft rabbit wire rather than chicken wire ( it's a bit thicker from what I have seen).

Hold the image of bunnies able to dig down 10", jump 4 ft ,dig under gates and trampoline off a compost at 6 ft away to get in!!!

...Oh...and I've had one chew through bunny wire , and another squeeze through a hole 2" in diameter!!

Now they just go into the next door plot!

Oh..and welcome to the Vine Esmibuns !!
      Last edited by Nicos; 02-04-2008, 01:04 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh great! I had no idea they were so talented! I've had one pop by and check it out (we named her Bertha - size-related) and then she turned out to be a he - brought his girlfriend (a reluctant one). So 'Bernard' is now bringing froends round for tea! Time to bring in the serious bunny wire.......

Thanks for your tips!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X