squirel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirel

a squirel has just started to make visits to our garden. what plants and flowers will they have a go at.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Originally posted by hawthorns View Post
    a squirel has just started to make visits to our garden. what plants and flowers will they have a go at.
    No idea! But we have had squirrels for a few years & they have caused no damage at all
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

In my experience they are a pain in the neck with regard to taking the conkers from the horse chestnut tree and burying them in any containers/hanging baskets that are around.

I think that you may have a problem with them digging up and carrying off bulbs which you have planted up ready for the spring...

Comment

Have had a lot of problem with them digging stuff up - bulbs in particular. I guess that this is when they're burying their nuts (so to speak). Have stopped this by putting some chicken wire across the surface but it's not ideal or very attractive. Seems to be more of a problem in pots, don't know why.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've had them for years Hawthorns and they're not really a pest as far as plants are concerned. They do dig up bulbs, and for some reason picked the flowers off yellow roses (only the yellow ones) but other than that I've never found any plant damage.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X