X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Fingers crossed...

Comment

• The risk of frost later in the week appears to have disappeared, but tonight looks pretty cold in some areas:

Click image for larger version

Name:	min temps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	530.5 KB
ID:	2383765

Be ready to protect anything vulnerable if you live in one of the colder areas.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• You were right, Pen! We had a decent shower yesterday evening!

Comment

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
          The risk of frost later in the week appears to have disappeared, but tonight looks pretty cold in some areas:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86964[/ATTACH]

Be ready to protect anything vulnerable if you live in one of the colder areas.
          Ah well, back to the hardening off dance, in, out, in, out.......

Comment

• Yesterday's rain heralds a change to rather wetter conditions which look likely to persist until at least mid-June. Friday has the potential to be extremely wet, particularly in the south, and it will be very windy too on Friday into Saturday as a fairly deep little low pressure moves through the country. Be aware that things like garden furniture may blow about.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• What rain yesterday? Hopefully Friday will deliver

Comment

• Rained just about all day here in sunny swansea

Comment

• The like for your post Penellype was a thanks for taking the time rather than I like what you posted. When it starts to rain here it forgets to stop. We are heading down South next week for a long weekend, hope the weather picks up by then.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                    What rain yesterday? Hopefully Friday will deliver
                    This is the current forecast for Friday 6am with the rain spreading north through the day:

Name:	incoming rain.jpg
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	2383936

If my geography is right, Hampshire is in the firing line!

Comment

• Indeed Penellype

Comment

• Next week a low pressure system is forecast to form over Germany and move towards us from the east. This is an unusual occurrence and tends to result in large rainfall totals over the eastern side of the country. Parts of the east could have a month's rain in a day.

There are yellow warnings of rain in eastern areas from Monday through to Thursday https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2019-06-10.
                        Last edited by Penellype; 08-06-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Yes, I noticed the weather warning exclamation marks when I checked the upcoming week's forecast yesterday I'll get my jobs done today and tomorrow and catch up on housework the rest of the week

Funnily enough it was this time last year when we had Storm Hector which trashed my shed!!! Hopefully this rain won't finish it off completely!
                          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Currently the worst of the rain is forecast to be in the area between the Humber and the Wash, although this could change. Some places could have nearly 200mm (about 8 inches) of rain in the next 5 days

Name:	Screenshot 2019-06-09 20.34.48.jpg
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	2384025
                            Last edited by Penellype; 09-06-2019, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• We're next too the river Welland very close to the wash and I can confirm that it is persisting down,the soft fruit is enjoying it but the chickens are sulking and the ducks are having a ball!

Comment

• More warnings of heavy rain appearing in various parts of the country including an amber one later today for much of the south east. This is due to the possibility of heavy thunderstorms dumping large amounts of rain in a very short time over small areas. Not everyone will get one, but if you do it could cause flash flooding, particularly in urban areas.

Keep upto date with the latest warnings as more are being added all the time:
                                https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ate=2019-06-10

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X