X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sobs*

Comment

• The latest runs of the GFS and ECMWF models (mid day runs) delay the thundery breakdown, keeping the hot and dry weather going possibly until the end of the first week of July.

Well, I did say that omega blocks were extremely hard to shift...
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Does anybody know where records are kept for number of days without rain. Couldn't find any anywhere, which seemed odd. Feels like we've had none in the south east for weeks now
        Death to all slugs!

Comment

• That was what I was trying to check, but I couldn't find anything specific enough to my local area.

Comment

• I usually keep a check on the Accuweather site for Alnwick which tells me the temperature and rainfall for the month on a day-by-day basis. This one shows it's been seven days without rain (feels longer!)

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/al...018&view=table
            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Thanks Gillykat.

Not sure how accurate that is for a specific location - if I put in York it gives me exactly the same readings as if I put in where I actually live. I suspect this will be using weather data from one of the official weather stations, which in my case appears to be Linton On Ouse (some way from me, and often with notably different weather). My own records show no rain here on 3rd June, the Accuweather site shows 8mm that day. The local Haxby private weather station on https://www.wunderground.com/persona...D=IENGLAND1014 shows 0mm.
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• The nearest private weather station to me NW3 Weather - Rain Detail in Hampstead shows 0.8 mm rain in the last month. It feels like it too!

Comment

• I think with Alnwick they use Boulmer which is 4 miles or so away on the coast.

I still prefer to use YOUR thread now as it's a lot more accurate than the BBC
                  Last edited by Gillykat; 28-06-2018, 10:19 AM.
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• I too use Wunderground and you can usually find a weather station nearby, the nearest to me says we've only had 50mm of rain since 28th May, but that has been in several bursts of drizzle that surely evaporated away in minutes
                    Even at 6ins down the soil is like dust or concrete depending on which part of my allotment I'm looking at *sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by Gillykat View Post
                      I usually keep a check on the Accuweather site for Alnwick which tells me the temperature and rainfall for the month on a day-by-day basis. This one shows it's been seven days without rain (feels longer!)

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/al...018&view=table
                      Thank you Gillykat!! That's perfect

London has only had 3mm of rain in June (average 43mm), and it is starting to show. I am watering almost every day now, but plants are starting to look very stressed
                      Last edited by unclefudgly; 28-06-2018, 05:36 PM.
                      Death to all slugs!

Comment

• I really hope it rains soon otherwise I'll be forced into getting my rain dance costume out and the feathers really tickle.
                        Our weather said we might get a bit on Sunday but last night the possibility was not even mentioned.

I feel really sorry for the people and animals that live on or near the huge moor fires at the moment.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Not a drop of rain in the latest forecast for here for the next 10 days. Forecast temperature max (you can usually add 3 or 4 C to these) are 22 (today, currently around 25), 22, 22, 22, 22, 24, 24, 25, 27, 28. If that is right I am NOT looking forward to next week.

The thundery breakdown that was originally forecast for the beginning of next week has been pushed further south and west, so any thunderstorms are likely to be restricted to places like Devon and Cornwall and parts of Ireland. Sorry . The next possibility looks to be around 6th July, but even that is rather tentative and there is plenty of time for it to change.

Comment

• That's it. I'm buying a hose.

At which point it will rain...

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                              That's it. I'm buying a hose.

At which point it will rain...
                              Yes, please do!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                                That's it. I'm buying a hose.
                                Good job you're not across the water in Northern Ireland;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44651240

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X