Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, that settles it: Weather forecast August 2017: UK temperatures to ROCKET in just two weeks | Weather | News | Express.co.uk.

Since the Daily Express forecasts are invariably wrong, especially when they make headlines of them, I think we can ditch the idea of any sort of heatwave for the foreseeable future!
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Oh well, sounds like last yrs summer ..infact and yr before , yr before that..yr before that
      Had mil here last night so had to have the heating on.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Some very high rainfall totals being forecast for parts of the south and east on Wednesday - these are the forecast totals upto midnight on Thursday from the high resolution Arpege model:

Click image for larger version

Name:	precip accu 9 Aug.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	2374312
        Click image for larger version

Name:	scale.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	2374313

Some flooding is likely if this is right. Cold too with temperatures in the low teens and a strong northerly wind especially in the eastern half of the country. More like Ocotber than August

(I added the scale later so the above is 2 photos - click on the bottom of the picture to read the numbers on the scale)
        Last edited by Penellype; 07-08-2017, 08:33 AM.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Warnings for rain have been issued by the Met Office for the south east for tomorrow and Wednesday.
          Weather and climate change - Met Office

Comment

• Thanks Pen we will just have to keep our fingers crossed.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Netweather considers it a marginal risk, thankfully.
              Severe Convective Weather & Storms Forecast - Netweather.tv

Why isn't this in 'Weather'?
              Looked there, then in 'chatting' and then found it in 'Vegging Out' - that makes perfect sense don't it

Weather Radar here
              http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=
              Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 08-08-2017, 08:56 AM. Reason: to add radar link

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post

Why isn't this in 'Weather'?
                Looked there, then in 'chatting' and then found it in 'Vegging Out' - that makes perfect sense don't it

I put it in here because this is the forum most people use, and I thought if I put it in the weather section most people wouldn't see it. The idea originally was to use it as an alert thread for winter weather that would directly affect vegetable growing, for example warnings of frost. I keep updating it about once a week at the moment as people seem to want me to.

Comment

• We certainly do, not only interesting but usually accurate to.

By the way it hasn't stopped with the wet stuff today.
                  Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Hasn't stopped here either, and we were forecast to miss most of it and have a dry afternoon. Just the 15mm so far...

Tomorrow was supposed to be the wetter day, and probably still is in the south east.

Comment

• Its lovely and sunny here .she saids and is now running away before you throw something at me.

Comment

• Min overnight air temperature in Preston 7.5 ( 2 inch above soil )
                        Soil temperature min 13
                        Jimmy
                        Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

• It rained here all day yesterday,no breaks just continual rain,dry today though

Comment

• Drier interlude over the weekend (although probably not completely dry especially in Scotland) but low pressure is never far away and set to return next week.

Comment

• My daughter and family have been in South Devon this week and been really lucky with the weather....a few heavy showers but no prolonged stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                                My daughter and family have been in South Devon this week and been really lucky with the weather....a few heavy showers but no prolonged stuff
                                Very lucky to miss the deluge Tuesday into Wednesday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X