Wales and fruit and veg growing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wales and fruit and veg growing?

Can anyone give me a idea of fruit and veg growing in wales, any area's to stay away from (coast, mountains, wind, lack of heat, north or south etc) or best area's to go for?

Any feed back will be greatly appreciated :-D
    Last edited by MADDIE; 23-10-2015, 03:55 PM.

All of Wales is beautiful but I am a bit biased.
    Just like anywhere else in the UK, the higher you go the colder it may be. Most of the winds are from the west, the coastal areas are milder but wetter.
    Have a look at some of the frost and weather maps. They'll give you some idea. It can only be a generalisation though.

Comment

Hi veggiechicken, yes I've looked at weather maps and things but like you say it is a generalisation so I thought there must be some growers from wales here that could give me some idea of what they grow and what they can't. I come from the south coast so the growing season is usually quite stable here and things like sweetcorn cucumbers French beans grow no problem, we would love to move to wales in the next couple of years and just wondered if my love for veg growing would be a struggle there, maybe polytunnels are used there to extend the season?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X