Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is not keen on this time of year ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with my dodgy back and arthritus, i spend the best part of the winter indoors, this time of the year is over far too quickly.

Comment

I love any season, though in summer I struggle with working in the heat. It's a bit frustrating given how much plot set-up work I still have to do, but on the other hand, I keep telling myself it's not a race. I am already planning next year, which I know is sad!

I don't like how quickly I burn, even through thick sun cream, or that I have to keep reminding myself to drink more water so I don't keel over. Oh to have a functioning thirst reflex!
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Bah humbug

There's always something to moan about with every season- but usually waaay more to enjoy

* passes marb some Bisodol for his wind
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I love all the different seasons we have in the UK. I like feeling the sun and seeing everything grow, but I also feeling the cold and frost on my face. And live everything bursting into life in the Spring and the colours of the autumn. Wouldn't like to live somewhere that was the same all the time.
          DottyR

Comment

This is the most interesting season. It's when we learn whether our hard work has been successful or not. You either get some delicious carrots or you discover that the flies got them; you either get some lovely potatoes or find that the slugs got them; you either get some delicious sweet corn or find that you put them out too early and they got stunted. And so on...

Hopefully we will all be able to celebrate some successes (cheers!) with just a few failures to learn lessons from.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

One of the many reasons I love it here is because we get more of a difference in seasons.

Really cold snaps in winter (-18C) for several days , and up to 40C for several days in summer.
              Never much longer than that, but it's great to have experienced it.
              Just as you're beginning to think 'flippin 'eck this is a bit much' it mellows to something more bearable !

Spring seems to have a bit of a mind of it's own though!!!!!
              Last edited by Nicos; 25-07-2015, 06:16 PM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I don't like the heat but other than that I love every season...even winter!
                The best things in life are not things.

Comment

What is it with this constant, humid, close weather we have had for weeks and weeks and weeks. When will it end ? I like fresh, invigorating crisp Autumn days.

Comment

We've had glorious sunshiny weather here. Its been a pleasure to be out in the garden or walking the dogs in the woods.

Comment

It's been horrible and muggy in Cheshire. I don't mind sunshine when you don't feel like you are trapped in a greenhouse.

Comment

I will swap Marb, been persistently persisting all day here, surely everyone loves October? Its when we get to vote on the VVS

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
                          It's been horrible and muggy in Cheshire. I don't mind sunshine when you don't feel like you are trapped in a greenhouse.
                          Don't know where abouts in Cheshire (and we can't be a million miles away, same county at least) you're based but it's not remotely muggy here, nor has it been for ages. Seems to alternate between a bit cold and rainy one day and nice and sunny the next.
                          Last edited by Alison; 05-10-2015, 06:39 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Not muggy here either. Wet today but last few weeks have been warm and sunny but with chilly mornings and evenings.

Comment

And very humid.

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
                                And very humid.
                                Whereabouts in Cheshire are you?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X