No announcement yet.

'Ave Yer Got Sner?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

started about 8.30 while I was taking ny better half to work. Couple of inches but took traffic to a stop.
    bleeding ridiculous. Took me best of 2 hours to get 5 miles home again

Comment

A small fall yesterday but nothing of note.....didnt even stick...

My 3 year old did get very excited tho ..for those few minutes
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Well it's been snowing here non stop since 7:30 last night, but now it's falling thicker!

Comment

we got the proper big flakes now,is also settling,dand stuff
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

So pleased that Scotland is getting it's quota Just got to get it into Wales now and a bit for Ireland!
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

coming down thick and fast here, we're all hoping to be able to go a bit earlier if this keeps up!!

Comment

Ner sner yer, just grey and persisting it down. Very miserable indeed.
                Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
                  So pleased that Scotland is getting it's quota Just got to get it into Wales now and a bit for Ireland!
                  Oi you, settle .

Ever since competitive tendering came in and the local Council lost the roads contracts we've had to put up with private firms with headquarters elsewhere that don't have any idea of our local conditions. Better halfs work is over the Tyrebagger hill and even in good weather there are different climates on either side of the hill. Wouldn't be so bad if this weather hadn't been forecast but it was forecast. Grooowwwwlll
                  Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 14-01-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

We rarely get our fair share..It's usually all used up in England, Scotland & Wales by the time anything hits us
                    Last edited by Tripmeup; 14-01-2013, 11:46 AM.
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      Oi you, settle .

Ever since competitive tendering came in and the local Council lost the roads contracts we've had to put up with private firms with headquarters elsewhere that don't have any idea of our local conditions. Better halfs work is over the Tyrebagger hill and even in good weather there are different climates on either side of the hill. Wouldn't be so bad if this weather hadn't been forecast but it was forecast. Grooowwwwlll
                      Come on AP, it's WINTER It wouldn't be Scotland without thick snow settling on huge pines now would it! Am deeply envious and wish I was there.
                      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                        We rarely get out fair share..It's usually all used up in England, Scotland & Wales by the time anything hits us
                        I'm blowing some over! We once visited Wicklow in snow - very very pretty.

Comment

Come on AP, it's WINTER It wouldn't be Scotland without thick snow settling on huge pines now would it! Am deeply envious and wish I was there.
                          It's very pretty and it can settle on as many huge pines as it wants but it is a damned nuisance if you need to get from A2B. Not much fun either when you've been stuck for an hour with the petrol gauge threatening to descend in to the red. Not much fun either for those who have crashed their cars this morning because as the local police put it 'the slippery conditions'. It's only slippery conditions cos the roads have not been treated fgs. I should go to the rant page

Comment

[It's only slippery conditions cos the roads have not been treated fgs. I should go to the rant page [/QUOTE]

Sorry AP but my other half's a gritter driver and he was out at 3am and will be back out at 6pm this evening. He doesn't do the A96 though, his route is more to the south.

Comment

I'm blowing some over! We once visited Wicklow in snow - very very pretty.
                              Thanks VVG!! Yea, Wicklow is very scenic at the best of times; so covered in snow it would be picture perfect !!

...utterly nutterly
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt94 View Post
                                Well it's been snowing here non stop since 7:30 last night, but now it's falling thicker!
                                I'm just a few miles south of you and ours started at the same time and there must be 4 inch out there.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X