No announcement yet.

Enjoying the monsoon?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the first time this spring, I'm feeling slightly smug about the weather here.

ducks for cover
    March is the new winter.

Comment

Originally posted by eirish View Post
      For the first time this spring, I'm feeling slightly smug about the weather here.

ducks for cover
      'This is on the menu if our elderflowers *ever* start blooming! mutter mutter Scotland weather grumble mutter...'

Yee of the two-mindenessessesss LOL :P

Comment

Just wanted to see if anybody paid any attention to meeeee!

And we've had our gale-force winds for the year, thanks.
        March is the new winter.

Comment

LOL - I change my mind more times that the weather has been changing - Yea I actually think its the weather that's in two minds... it can't make it up - some sunshine would be nice again now though..

Comment

the weather down here has been awful this year .... far too much rain and more to come .... i would normally have had my veggie beds dug over and planted out by now, but only one done so far .... waaaaay behind ..... and lost loads of veggies in the greenhouse from scorching heat or suddent temperature changes .... not to mention all the beans / peas / sweetcorn lost to the mice ....

we had sunshine yesterday, so i dug over the salads/legumes bed .... it was thick and stodgy from all the recent rain, hard work to dig it .... hard work!

and now we're due another wet week ....

it's rained almost constantly since the hosepipe ban was introduced 2 months ago .... probably only had a week's worth of sunny weather since then .... and due more rain all next week ....
            http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

*Nods* even my frogs are wearing hats

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Urban View Post
                I think you just notice the weather a lot more when you start gardening
                And when you start whitewater kayaking...that's when you realise just how little rain we really get, though yesterday was great! Here's hoping we get some more of the wet stuff before summer spoils it.
                Tried and Tested...but the results are inconclusive

Honorary member of the nutters club, by appointment of VeggieChicken

Comment

Originally posted by eirish View Post

ducks for cover
                  Really glad you are having a dry sping-summer, so I assume you use the ducks for cover from the sun?
                  If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Oh yes, duck hats and parasols are all the rage this season in sun-drenched Scotland, dahhhhling.
                    March is the new winter.

Comment

I wouldn't normally mind but since I've started growing stuff I have become obsessive about the weather. My tomato plants have really suffered with all the rain this past week and I feel their pain. I just dread more rain and wind. I don't mind a few showers, but why does it have to rain non stop for a week?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X