No announcement yet.

First frost!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had frost a couple of times already but this is the first time I've had to scrape it off my better half's car this year. Still to do my own but I'm hoping it will warm up a bit before I go out.

Comment

First frost this morning.
      Garden Chris

Comment

We've had a couple of frosts but last night was the coldest, greenhouse went down to 0.9c
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

roads have been gritted tnoghit in birmingham. doesn't look good.

Comment

Yeah it was really cold today. I had my long johns on when I walked the dog this morning. Two layers on the legs, bed socks inside snow boots and four layers on the body plus hat on head. Need gloves that can cope with getting dog treats and poo bags out of pockets.

Comment

Clear here - just VERY damp!
              Wars against nations are fought to change maps; wars against poverty are fought to map change – Muhammad Ali

Comment

Gritters went round again last night, even though we've had no rain so the roads wouldn't be icy (dry roads don't get ice)
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

What frost? Some very cold rain though - just after I put the washing out!

Comment

You get hoar frost on dry surfaces if the ground gets cold enough and humidity is high enough. It's the same process as dew forming but the surface of the ground is below freezing either before or after dew forms

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X