No announcement yet.

Heatwave warning

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently it is 31 degrees here at the moment and expected to hit 32 or more tomorrow, I have not ventured out in it this afternoon
    Little ol' me

Has just bagged a Lottie!
    Oh and the chickens are taking over my garden!
    FIL and MIL - http://vegblogs.co.uk/chubbly/

Comment

Well, I went to bed, finished my book and had a short nap. Came down, prepped the veg for dinner tonight, went to the garden to water the pots and only lasted 15 mins. Sheesh.

Comment

We've constructed a Baby-Chook pen from 2 Dog Crates and a Waabbit Hutch. It's so warm here the babies were too hot indoors, so they are now out in a secluded part of the main run. The bigguns are pretending to ignore them at the moment, but I expect they'll go say 'Hi' shortly.

I'm back inside under the ceiling fan now!
        Last edited by Glutton4...; 26-06-2011, 05:24 PM.
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

went up the lotty diging today lets just say i drank more than i dug its been so hot here on a melt down

Comment

Well, here on the coast in East Angular I reached a high of 23.6 and then the sea fog came in. Cooled it down a lot and went lottie this afternoon. Grey and not too hot here now.

Comment

Have very silly red tan lines. Will not be wearing any strappy tops for the foreseeable future as someone might mistake me for a rasher of bacon.
              Visit my blog if you dare! www.gardenofheathen.wordpress.com

Comment

We hit 36 here yesterday afternoon but only 28 was forcast. Today they are forcasting 36 so heaven help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's already 29.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

it's cold here, about 21 deg, and everyone walking around in jumpers and jackets (btw, I'm being serious about people dressed up as if it is cold) however the weather is due to turn and torrential rain and gale force winds forecast for the evening
                  Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

We had 22c y'day so I ate a veggie bbq instead of my cycle helmet. It's 20c today but already cloudy
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Lucky escape there TS!
                      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

On my thermometer int garden it reckons it 34 degrees!

However the more realistic google temperature says we are currently at 27 degree at 10 in the morning.

Me staying in me thinks!
                        Little ol' me

Comment

My thermometer (in the shade by the back door) is reading 23.6 at the moment. It feels bladdy hot. Won't be going to the lottie until late afternoon when it cools down a bit, I think. Coolest place I can find is here in front of the pooter

Comment

the thermometer on my back wall (in direct sunlight) is reading 40 degrees!
                            Little ol' me

Comment

Originally posted by Munch View Post
                              the thermometer on my back wall (in direct sunlight) is reading 40 degrees!
                              Munch, you're supposed to put thermometers in the shade!! Otherwise the sun falling on the liquid heats it up and gives you a false reading.

Comment

tornado warnings issued here for tomorrow!
                                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X