X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we get snow this year?

Hey all

SCOTLAND, FIFE...

I just checked my photo's from last year to see when we had snow and the last snow I recorded was March 3rd [2006]...I'm wondering if we're going to get any snow this month or not. This year it came quite early in January and we've not had any since. Any thoughts from any budding meteorologists?

Who knows? We had heavy snow last year on 28th Feb, but none this year. The only snow we've had so far was in January and it was so wet it didn't settle. I have seen snow in June many years ago (in Yorkshire) so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Definitely spring here at the moment, but that could change!

Comment

I was born next week ( a few years back!!) in Cheshire and there was 4" snow then...who knows eh???
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Metcheck has us down here predicted for snow (0.3cm) at 6pm on Monday the 19th March, so it is possible, but judging by the way that everything feels and the growth going on I am not so sure! I hope it stays a fine spring and doesnt snap back to winter again, but if it does then we'll just have to cope with it!
        Blessings
        Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
        Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
        Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
        On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I was looking at my diary the other day Eskymo and realised that it was 3 March last year that we got the horendous snow which lasted here, at least for ages. But I also have noted that we still had snow on the ground in mid April becasue I couldn't get my tatties in. So could still be some to come yet!
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

It snowed here on the 3rd as well and then by the 5th it had all gone I think.

Comment

Wintry showers forecast up here for the weekend - need to dress up warm to put up polytunnel frame
              Rat

British by birth
              Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
              http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

We have occasional forecasts of hail but other than the flurry we saw earlier in the year I don't think we are likely to get any more down here.
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Dobby View Post
                  Metcheck has us down here predicted for snow (0.3cm) at 6pm on Monday the 19th March, so...........
                  No chance of snow then!!!!! better get the shades and suntan oil out!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Who knows! I've got fleece and covers for the plants and suntan lotion and shades for me! DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

had snow first week in May a few years ago!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X