No announcement yet.

Bit of a blow coming...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wind has died down to force 6 now so things are pretty much back to normal. I've not heard of any injuries or major damage here so that's good.

We've had hail and snow on and off today and the wind chill factor made nipping out into the garden to get some veg quite unpleasant. Some of the branches from my rosemary bushes have been snapped off by the wind and landed a few metres away. All my cauliflower, cabbage and kale plants have lost most of their leaves. The raspberries, tayberries and blackberries have had a few stems broken off but all still have some (now leafless) stems so they'll survive. The snakeshead fritillary bulbs I treated myself to last weekend are now spread across the garden as most of the compost from the planter they were in was blown out of it. I couldn't replant the bulbs as I wasn't able to find many since they were hidden by the Iittle piles of hail everywhere.
    Last edited by Purple Primrose; 27-11-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

^Sympathy like there, PP. Glad it wasn't worse. I told Mr Snoop this morning about your weather conditions. His response was not printable here!

Comment

"BIT OF A BLOW". The British art of understatement, I presume!

Comment

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
          "BIT OF A BLOW". The British art of understatement, I presume!
          Yottie term. See also "might get a bit lively"
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X