Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told we had a bit of frost this morning but my plants seem fine,it’s the geraniums I need to look out for,the next couple of nights do look mild at around a 7 degrees low here.

Comment

Went to the allotment today to check on frost damage and uncover stuff.
      The peppers (which were covered) sustained only some very minor frost damage to a few shoot tips, and are otherwise fine. The oca was a bit more damaged, but is still mostly fine.

Comment

The dahlias on my plot are all closed for the winter now. The cape gooseberries are a bit singed at the tops but the fruits are still OK.
        The runner beans are also singed at the tops.
        The back garden is more sheltered.
        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Originally posted by Plot70 View Post
          The cape gooseberries are a bit singed at the tops but the fruits are still OK.
          Same here, even though I didn't cover them.
          I found the same last year, too. They seem to have some small degree of frost resistance, as other crops like sweet potatoes, oca, and even runner beans always seem to take more damage, sooner than the cape gooseberries do. I think it might be the furry leaves.

Comment

Due frost again tonight, then up to double figures again tomorrow night.
            Temps are up down up down
            Northern England.

Comment

First frost (just) here in West Cornwall!

Only in patches of exposed grass and by downhill hedges. Air temperature minimum 2°C

Beautiful now.
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Our first actual frost - 0"C air temperature in last few minutes.
                I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X