X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicos
    replied
    2C forecast here tonight too ameno.
    Glad I don’t have to go out anywhere in the morning.
    Scraping windscreens is one of my pet hates. It always seemed to need doing on days I was running late too

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    No frost last night in the end, but it's meant to go down to 2 tonight, so I imagine there will be one tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    We're moving into proper frost season now. Not just the odd one but every night. Sadly, it's been so warm recently during the daytime that lots of creatures - even the trees - think it's spring. The wasps have started emerging. Hope there are plenty left for next year to keep the caterpillar population down.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Frosts might be coming tonight (and every night for the next four nights), so I've covered up all my tender crops. The temperature should stay above 0, so hopefully they'll be okay.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    No frost here yet,getting my plants in position ready for it. Just need to bubble wrap them (peach tree & geraniums).

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    No frost here, although it did get rather chilly last night (I think it went down to 5, or even 4c).
    All my tender crops are unharmed, though, so there couldn't have been a frost.

Leave a comment:

• roitelet
    replied
    Frost for me too this morning. Lowest temperature was 1.3C. Only an air frost and it didn’t touch the dahlias but they look a bit sad after the storm on Wednesday night.

Leave a comment:

• Peteyd
    replied
    First signs of frost for me this morning - nothing too bad yet, here's hoping it continues for a little while yet!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    No frost yet where I live, which is up hill from my allotment. There must have been a frost at the allotment about a week ago as all my Dahlia,Squash and Courgettes wee blackened. The annoying thing is we have had some nice warm days recently which would have allowed the courgettes in particular to keep on giving. Cold yesterday and today but still reluctant to cast off my shorts yet!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    First heavy frost - white on the roof slates.

Leave a comment:

• roitelet
    replied
    2.8C here last night but no sign of actual frost. Everything is still standing.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Looks like you are officially the first then Snoop.

Having said that , we had 5C last night and 90% of my nasturtiums are mush .Not actually seen any actual frost though…

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Woke up to our first proper frost this morning, all over the car windscreen. A few days earlier than usual.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Our coldest this season has been 6c thats in the GH.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Lowest here so far about 11°C Always around sunrise.

Keeping an eye on the weather because we're having our roof replaced at present. Don't want it too good or roofers go off surfing!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse
  • rary
    Reply to Chitchat thread #24
    by rary
    Today, 12:41 PM
  • rary
    Reply to Heated mat for Tom's and chillies
    by rary
    I use a mix of six scoops of compost three scoops of sand/grit and two scoops of perlite,the quantity is unimportant as long as the ratio is the same, if for seeds I use this mix, if I am potting on I add some blood, fish and bone, along with a small quantity of chicken manure pellets
    ​ though...
    Today, 12:28 PM
  • Florence Fennel
    Reply to Chitchat thread #24
    by Florence Fennel
    Today, 12:02 PM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X