Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up yesterday to damp fog - the type that require you to keep flicking your windscreen wipers on... but it dried up - this morning it is very grey, but no fog - I wonder whether it is time to start putting the washing on the line inside my OH's workshop! I knew it would come in useful when he built it!
    How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

A beautifully warm and very windy day!
      How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

we had a super day yesterday - was jumper weather but dry, but that all went pearshaperd today - its cold and rainy again!

Comment

After an extended summer, it's suddenly skipped Autumn and seems to be heading helter skelter for winter.

Sunday I cut the lawn which was growing like I don't know what - too wet in the last couple of weeks to cut and still warm enough to keep it growing.

No autumn colour on the trees here, but they've suddenly started dropping their leaves. Go yellow one day, blow off the next. I've got primroses flowering and bluebells putting up leaves, self-sown parsley germinating in the border.

I've started keeping a daily temperature record, and it's actually not too much different to last year, just a tad warmer. I think our max temp (6 Sept, the day latest grandson was born) was the hottest most uncomfortable day of the year, really humid.

It's hard to believe its November now, and temperatures have been well into the mid teens right up to now. Be interesting to see what the winter will bring.

Comment

Weather today has been lovely. No idea of temp as I was hacking down brambles and really hot as a result. Not a cloud in sight and a nice breeze.

Kirsty
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Well, we still haven't had a frost here on the coast - got down to 1 degree midweek. Had some lovely sunny days, but today was grey and windy.

Comment

What is going on with the weather? Today mild, wet and windy. At last the trees have gained some colour (the ones that haven't already lost their leaves), so we've got a little autumn colour in winter.

I've got coloured buds on the forsythia, the oriental poppies are in full leaf, the weeds and the lawn are still growing like mad. Bluebells are pushing up green shoots. We still haven't had a frost here on the coast, although it did get close.

Comment

VERY Windy today, still mild, but forecast is colder

Comment

Down to 1 degree again last night. Beautiful sunny morning but it feels really cold

Comment

Still not got down to freezing point. Had a few 1 degrees, but no white frost at all, and it's mild wet and windy again

Comment

I was woken up on the early hours with a very noisy wind storm, trees bent double.
                        Only had 3 days with any frost this winter so far. Now my Autumn sown sweet peas are growing. :-(
                        Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Well, winter is here. White frosts and fog all week, today has been a bit milder and at least the fog has gone.

Thank goodness the shortest day has passed. I know the weather won't warm up properly for ages, but at least in a few weeks we will have longer hours of daylight. I hate this time of the year.

Comment

It's sort of weather limbo isn't it. Would love to see the sky at the moment. A few fluffy clouds will do. ho hum.

Will have to sort through my photo's of the garden instead for now.
                            Last edited by seasprout; 24-12-2006, 04:08 PM.
                            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Grey again today, really depressing. Doesn't feel like Xmas Eve does it? No frost last night, and temperatures higher but doesn't feel like it

Comment

Warm & dry

Great for weeding, bad for sowing my new front lawn.
                                You are a child of the universe,
                                no less than the trees and the stars;
                                you have a right to be here.

Max Ehrmann, Desiderata

blog: http://allyheebiejeebie.blogspot.com/ and my (basic!) page: http://www.allythegardener.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X