Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Earthbabe, I'm in East Anglia and I can't quite believe how cold it feels. I think the main problem is it's changed so much so quickly. No frost here yet, but it really feels cold. I've just realised I've got a couple of fuchsia plants on the patio, and it's too late and dark to go and rescue them (I'm just going to have to cross my fingers)

Comment

It's here. :eek Thin layer of frost on cars this morning. Came out to find my neighbour up and out before me scraping his. He very kindly gave me a lift to work. Only 50 minutes early!
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Mist and Fog

Woke today to a blanket of mist and fog so as well as being chilly (although warmer than the last few days) it is damp

Visibility for us not too bad but it is apparently really thick in parts of Hampshire and Dorset.
        Bright Blessings
        Earthbabe

Comment

Wet and wild down here today. Cross channel ferry to the channel islands cancelled again.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

Comment

Bit of a shock to go out to scrape the car this am, apparently more frost due overnight.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

Comment

Weather has been a bit mixed. Windy, wet, chilly. Light frost yesterday morning and much heavier this am. The shed roof was completely white. Thanks goodness I remembered the rabbit's HWB yesterday. Might try and coax Miss E onto a bus today to go out as yesterday we slobbed around even though it was reasonably mild.
              Bright Blessings
              Earthbabe

Comment

And now it is raining "very fast" (to quote Miss E)
                Bright Blessings
                Earthbabe

Comment

I have to say EarthBabe you are keeping this thread alive. I am not managing so well with the Channel Islands. XX
                  A Bientot
                  Jerseybean

Comment

Bbbbrrrrrrr!!!!

After a gorgeous weekend more reminiscent of late spring it has turned chilly. We had a light frost on the windscreen this am and more is forecast. Will have to go and cover up plants on the lottie as I think I forgot to re-cover the lettuce on saturday. Oops!
                    Bright Blessings
                    Earthbabe

Comment

Even colder today. Roxie spent most of the day in her bedroom area, emerging only for the obvious and food. Also obvious for a rabbit. I didn't even attempt to put her out. I value my arms too much. Hope it warms up a bit for the weekend.
                      Bright Blessings
                      Earthbabe

Comment

Getting colder here too, had to scrape the ice off the car this am. Have to say though, seeing blue sky and the sun really cheered me up. Sleet over the moors forecast for tonight though.

Jerseybean, its great hearing what its like in Jersey as one of my daughters lives there, and I have to admit a very large family contingent on another island very near you

Comment

Where's my snow?

We've had some frosts, enough to blacken the flowers I had on my broad beans and snow is forecast, so where is it?

It definitely feels cold enough and smelled like snow last week.
                          Bright Blessings
                          Earthbabe

Comment

we had snow last week that took a couple of days to disappear, they said there'd be 10cm at the most but there was more than that on the car all the local children were off school so there were snowmen in almost every front garden and along the road sides wish i could have played in it then a couple of days after the snow had gone it was brilliantly sunny and hot

what have we done to the planet??
                            Last edited by shine388; 12-02-2007, 07:15 PM.
                            stay safe, be happy, have fun

Comment

First BBQ

The weather is mild, sunny, blue sky with some cloud.

First BBQ of the year is a must today. I think this is later than 2006 but now I can check next year having recorded this here.
                              Bright Blessings
                              Earthbabe

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
                                The weather is mild, sunny, blue sky with some cloud.

First BBQ of the year is a must today. I think this is later than 2006 but now I can check next year having recorded this here.
                                wearing your thermals?
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X