No announcement yet.

Too Hot to Garden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot further North but yesterday it got to 35 and now it's cooled off a bit, 24, I'm going out to do a bit before it heats up again.

Anyone had any storms yet? They have been forecast here but seem to have by-passed us.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by tootles
      Yup, here too. Have dug a patio today!!!
      Will lay the sand, mortar and slates tomorrow. Might have to get up v. v. v. early to beat the sun though. Today was unbearable, We have the visitor onslaught starting tomorrow pm and desperately need a bigger table and somewhere to put it.
      Read in the Weekly Telegraph about a polo day somewhere where celebs were enduring 26 degree heat - poor dears.
      Please put smiley's after your weather 'complaints'! I'm fed up to the back teeth with the rain we've got here - high summer and the other day it was cool (19C) and humid (73%), so I put the heating on to try and dry the air in the house!

I'm looking forward to seeing your patio on your Blog tootles - what next the swimming pool?
      Last edited by smallblueplanet; 07-08-2008, 09:39 AM.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
        A lot further North but yesterday it got to 35 and now it's cooled off a bit, 24, I'm going out to do a bit before it heats up again.

Anyone had any storms yet? They have been forecast here but seem to have by-passed us.
        We had a storm last night, brilliant it was too. I woke up to hear the wind first, we had the windows open because it was so hot (30 degrees) It blew the table over on the terrace and all the chairs were sprawled everywhere but the, now tied down mini greenhouse stayed in place thankfully.

The storm didn't last too long but the light show was wonderful.
        A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

yup ...wondeful thunderstorm in the night cooler this am - managed to plant out 4 curly kale plants that i have been given - no idea if they will grow here or not and then seeded turnips, more beans, and mixed salad leaves and a handful of radishes.warming up now but i've done something!!!!!
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Originally posted by Jardiniere View Post
            yup ...wondeful thunderstorm in the night cooler this am - managed to plant out 4 curly kale plants that i have been given - no idea if they will grow here or not and then seeded turnips, more beans, and mixed salad leaves and a handful of radishes.warming up now but i've done something!!!!!
            Well done you, I never like to complain about the sunshine but sometimes it is really too hot to work.

Now lets just hope for a week of sunny days and rainy nights to give them a chance to settle in.
            A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

yes much cooler and its rained (at night) three times in the week....i dont complain about the weather - its wonderful - but it just means i cant garden!!!
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Lucky you lot! Cold, windy and raining here today - more like November than August
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X