X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ailsasyl
    replied
    being a scottish fair skinned lass, defo remember hot summer, sit in the shade you'll burn here have more cream, being too hot to do anything Aunty who's leaving these shore for at least a year in Crete wants us to visit told her not in the summer, would only be able to go out for about an hour a day, with full protection, maybe in october though

Leave a comment:

• jackie j
    replied
    Coming from a seaside town I remember being on the beach most days, long hot summers or is it wishfull thinking.

Leave a comment:

• ailsasyl
    replied
    Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
    No silly, that's revolution!
    No thats what happens when Tricky looses his allotment

Leave a comment:

• HeyWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by ailsasyl View Post
    Evolution- what goes around comes around -
    No silly, that's revolution!

Leave a comment:

• ailsasyl
    replied
    here's hoping! I got lots of work to do in the garden
    Evolution- what goes around comes around - always something new being discovered, makes life intersting

Leave a comment:

• cupcake
    replied
    In todays paper it says we are going to get a good summer in 2009! You saw it here first!

Leave a comment:

• marigold007
    replied
    But.... But.... :-)

Many plants and animals are perfectly adapted to certain weather patterns. I have no doubt that some die-hard species will adapt and indeed we might even see rapid speciation like Darwins finches, but evolution works on a timescale of thousands and even millions of years, not a hundred.

I think there's a reason why French wine is the best in the world. This may be The End of the Vine As We Know It.

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Nature is adapting all the time: for example, we're seeing those big Hornet Mimic Hoverflies now, which used to be rare in UK. Ditto Ring Necked Parakeets. That's just 2 examples.
    Animals and even plants will migrate ... we don't need to move nearer the equator to see our landscape change.

Leave a comment:

• marigold007
    replied
    Looks like they were using old models for this prediction. There's a big right wing conspiracy to lead us all into a fog of disinformation. I wonder though, after watching Gardeners World on Climate Change using the iplayer, how can they predict that we will soon be able to grow Mediterranean type plants based on a rise in temperatures? No matter how hot or wet it gets in either season, England will never move closer to the equator! Surely the amount of sunlight is a factor in whether a plant will adapt?! Anybody know??

Leave a comment:

• Kristen
    replied
    That's why the pundits have renamed it from "global warming" to "climate change"

Look out for further renaming to "ice age" or "underwater age" anytime soon ...

Leave a comment:

• lynda66
    replied
    i want to know, why, if' we are getting global warming, why i remember having hot summers when a kid, lots of sunburn and trips to the beach, and getting the paddling pool out in the garden ..... but for the last few years have hardly even got a tan, and every year on my birthday in august the traditional bbq has been held under a gazebo to stop it being totally rained off ..... global cooling more like. i was really hoping all this supposed global warming was going to make summers like they used to be

Leave a comment:

• di
    replied
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I can remember having an obscenely hot summer a couple of years ago & being promised by the doom & gloom guys that this was effect of global warming & things were if anything going to get hotter?!should I start using plastic carrier bags again?!

Leave a comment:

• Gwyndy
    replied
    The only thing that the weather forecasters can tell us with any accuracy is what it did yesterday!! (And they sometimes get that wrong.)

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
    yeah, none taken like.
    Sorry TS.......just re-read the thread and my reply does sound a tad bombastic and possibly offensive!

I just have a chip on my shoulder about meteorologists who are paid good money to be for the most part, poor guessers!

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    yeah, none taken like.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X