No announcement yet.

East Anglia

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W/C Monday 5th May.......Forecast set to warm, sunny and dry!!!!!! All week.....temperature in the shade in my backgarden was 27c at 2pm....roll on summer!
    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
    Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

woken up to a glorious morning - shame I have to work in a kitchen all day!!!
      How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Originally posted by peanut View Post
        W/C Monday 5th May.......Forecast set to warm, sunny and dry!!!!!! All week.....temperature in the shade in my backgarden was 27c at 2pm....roll on summer!
        Are you absolutely sure it was 27 degrees, Peanut? And you are in UK? We've had 17 degrees in the shade and it was lovely.
        Last edited by rustylady; 08-05-2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rustylady View Post
          Are you absolutely sure it was 27 degrees, Peanut? And you are in UK? We've had 17 degrees in the shade and it was lovely.
          Yes I am. I have several thermometers in different parts of the garden.
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Cambridge: The thermometer in the car read 30 degrees at 130pm today - and we were stuck in the car having the numerous windscreen chips repaired!
            How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.”

Comment

Snow here in East Anglia. Not deep but more is forecast for later. Taking grandson out for a walk in a bit.

Comment

ok I'm in it is suday 1230 1 feb and it is bitterly cold with snow flurries. Did visit the lottie earlier but no one else there.

Comment

nice layer of thick snow here in the middle of lincolnshire

Comment

I think we need an 'East Anglia 2009' thread

A good 2-3 inches of snow so far in suburban Cambridge - my bantams have never seen snow this deep, and one of my pekins won't come out of the eglu!

Comment

Most of ours is melting now, near Ely in Cambs. Good.

Comment

East Anglia 2009

Eep, it's windy!!!

I was just watching TV when I heard a crash from the patio - looked out of the window to see my new mini-greenhouse leaning sideways at a 45-degree angle

Fortunately I was able to get my trays of onions and broad beans out without damaging anything, so they are safely in the conservatory again. Note to self - when hardening off new plants in March, keep an eye on the wind gust speed (currently 47mph) as well as the temperatures!

Comment

I haven't looked at this thread before - strange to see, for a nation obsessed by the weather, that there's been no postings for just over four months!!!

Must mean it's been good and everyone's out gardening!
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            there's been no postings for just over four months!!...Must mean it's been good and everyone's out gardening!
                            It's been very dry, and then we had a week of fog while everyone else had the heatwave.

here on the coast our weather tends to always be cool & windy. It's more like Scottish weather.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

seems to be closest to South Lincolnshire Next Wednesday is close to shorts and t-shirt weather for me lol.
                              Attached Files
                              www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

A 3 month update

Dry dry and dry.

Further dryness expected with the possibility of some extra dryness between the dry spells.

There's spring lambs around here who have never known rain on their backs.

G
                                I fear no beer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X